Here are some questions you can use to “work backwards” and hone in on how to hire and retain STAR employees*:
- What kind of person thrives in our environment and culture?
- What are the strengths necessary to do the job well?
- What values must an employee embody to be happy and successful in our culture?
- What qualities and attitudes must employees have to succeed here?
- What competencies are necessary for the job to be done right?
- What kind of support do your employees need and do they get it?
- What makes our employees happy?
- What causes our employees to tell their friends that our organization is a great place to work?
- What are the values that need to be present in the company to create the kinds of employee experiences we seek?
- What kind of person doesn’t work well in our culture?
*With a tip of the hat to Joanna Brandi.
No responses yet