Categories:

“People have a propensity to meet our expectations. Make sure you inform the applicant that you expect the truth. When you do this, you change most applicants’ mindset. Now, instead of telling you what they think you want to hear, they will tell you what you’ve said you want to hear – the truth. We’ve found that when you tell applicants you want them to be honest, 90 percent will be more honest in the interview than they had planned to be. (The other 10 percent may still lie to you, but that’s why we do reference and background checks.)”

[Excerpt from Hire Tough, Manage Easy  by Mel Kleiman. Available at online bookstores and our website.]

No responses yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts
Categories
%d bloggers like this: