Excerpt from a new book by professional speaker, author, and corporate culture expert Larry Johnson entitled “Absolute Honesty.”
1. Tell the truth – the worst truth beats the best lie.
2. Tackle problems as they happen – they won’t go away.
3. Agree to disagree and commit – no whining allowed.
4. Welcome the truth – our own defensiveness can turn us into naked emperors.
5. Reward the messenger bearing bad news – it builds a culture of honesty.
6. Build a platform of integrity – for yourself and your team.
(For a complimentary copy of How to Hire Tough to Manage Easy in Today’s Turbulent Times, click here.)