The sample program descriptions below will give you an overview of Certified Speaking Professional Mel Kleiman’s areas of expertise and the key learning outcomes he delivers.
Please keep in mind that the presentation title, content, and length will be completely customized to meet the specific needs of your organization.
Hire Tough, Manage Easy©
If your organization is going to succeed in today’s hyper-competitive, economically uncertain, turbulent times, there is one critical task that your hiring managers, franchisees, and/or members must get right – how they attract, select and keep great employees engaged and motivated.
In this fast-paced, high energy session, participants will learn all the best practice, take home information, ideas, tools, tips and new techniques that will make their jobs easier and take the guess work out of hiring and motivating great people.
Key learning outcomes include:
- The 5 key questions you need to ask before you hire anyone
- How to attract the right applicants
- The #1 most over looked source of great, proven employees
- How to tell the winners from the whiners
- The most important question you need to ask every applicant
- How to take control of the interview and get the truth out of an applicant
- The #1 way to reduce turnover by 20% without spending any money
- What every employee wants out of a job no matter what generation they are
- The #1 employee motivator and it doesn’t cost a dime
- And lots of other neat, easy to use stuff
Beyond Behavioral Interviewing: The Next Evolution©
It is no longer a war for talent; today it is a war for jobs and hiring practices need to change just as dramatically as the job market has.
For the past 20 years the majority of employers have relied on behavioral interviewing techniques to identify top employees. In today’s world, applicants are better prepared than the interviewers. Behavioral questions screen job candidates in highly predictable ways and encourage hiring decisions based more on an applicant’s presentation skills rather than on the only reliable predictor of future performance — the person’s actual past performance and achievements. Achievement-based interviews and evidence-based selection facilitate quality hiring decisions across-the-board. Participants will learn why achievements and evidence are today’s most important hiring metrics, how to incorporate these techniques into their selection process, as well as the five specific questions interviewers can use to ferret out important facts and truths about every applicant.
Key learning outcomes:
- Tools to help you hire the best employee (instead of the best applicant)
- Why achievements are more important than interview behaviors
- The most important questions you need to ask every applicant
- How to hire on fact, not feel
- What to test for and how to test for it
- How to get applicants to tell you the truth
- How to tell if your concerns about an applicant are real
- The key to getting references when no one will talk to you
Attract the Best, Repel the Rest: How to Create a Magnetic Culture©
As counterintuitive as it may seem, when unemployment soars, recruiting topnotch employees at every level is more of a challenge because desperate applicants do desperate things and STAR employees quit looking for jobs.
Rather than trying to convenience great employees that yours is a great place to work, it is by far easier to hire great employees who want to come to work for you and the best way to get them to do that is to create a magnetic culture. Shape a positive work environment today and you’ll be able to keep the good employees you have as well as attract and hire even more just like them with ease.
This high-energy, high-impact presentation always wins rave reviews for the practical, take-home information it delivers. Key learning outcomes include:
- How to create a magnetic culture that attracts the best and repels the rest
- Why you need to put employees first and clients second
- The 5 keys to becoming an “employer of choice”
- How to make the best hiring decisions
- The 7 R’s & 1 C of employee engagement
The Five Firsts©
When it comes to the frontline, hourly employees who comprise over 70 percent of the North American workforce, hired today, gone tomorrow is too often the case. After your organization has invested precious time, money and energy into finding, hiring, and training new hourly employees, why are 50 percent gone within six months and most of those gone in the first 30 days?
After all, no one hires a new employee hoping they won’t work out or quit. No one takes a new job looking to quit or get fired. How much pain and frustration do you think you need to cause a new employee to make them quit or walk out and never come back? Why do so many employee-employer relationships fail in the first six months and what are the steps you can take to prevent it from happening in your organization?
In this session, participants learn the five specific steps winning organizations use during the new hire’s first month on the job to dramatically reduce employee turnover and create a highly engaged and motivated workforce.
Key learning outcomes include:
- Why everything you need to know about onboarding new employees you learned in kindergarten
- The most important question every new employee will be asked and what the answer needs to be
- The power of first impressions and how to make them work for you
- Why a lazy manager is a great manager
30+ Top Tips, Tools & Techniques to Attract, Select & Retain Top Talent©
Designed in even more detail to address the specific challenges your organization faces when it comes to recruiting, selecting, and/or retaining top talent, the content of this presentation is based entirely on the meeting participants’ responses to a custom designed pre-meeting survey.