When it comes to employee engagement and retention, rather than focus on long-term training and development, incentives and performance reviews, Humetrics’ unique, proven approach is to focus on building a great, personal, long-lasting relationship with each new hire via a simple, five step process.
“The 5 Firsts, is a MUST READ for every manager. So many books are focused on theory, but short on practical steps that can be implemented immediately and with little cost.
Once again, author Mel Kleiman has hit the mark, providing an easy five step recipe to help new employees feel respected and valued from the moment they walk in the door.”
~Monique Kahkonen, Director, Human Resources, Comfort Keepers
The five steps comprise:
- How to structure an employee’s first day on the job to ensure it’s the best work day they’ve ever experienced.
- The one question the new hire will be asked by friends and family at the end of the first day and how to ensure what the answer will be.
- How to reinforce the new hire’s decision to join your team at the end of the first week.
- How to present the first paycheck to those who are doing a great job AND to those who are not.
- Why and how to celebrate the employee’s first month and one year anniversaries.