Hourly Workforce Specialists Since 1976
If your organization depends on a frontline, hourly workforce to deliver your products or services, Humetrics has over 30 years of real world experience to help you better recruit, select, and retain the high quality, hourly employees who are the key to your success.
We pride ourselves in cost-effective solutions that increase the quality and quantity of job applicants, improve hiring decisions and employee retention as well as reduce costly employee turnover.
You Can’t Argue with the Facts…
- The U.S. Department of Labor estimates the cost of replacing an hourly employee to be one-third of their annual wage. At $7.25 per hour, that’s about $5,000 for every frontline worker who walks or is booted out the door.
- According to a study by the Small Business Administration, only one-half of all new hourly employees are still on board six months later.
- A Wm. M. Mercer Co. survey of 35 Fortune 500 companies that were rated among the “100 Best Places to Work” showed a strong correlation between higher performing companies and lower employee turnover.
But You Can Do Something About Them…
- Hire expert authority and Certified Speaking Professional, Mel Kleiman, to speak at your next meeting. Mel delivers customized, fast-paced, entertaining, interactive programs that teach business owners and hiring managers today’s best practices for hourly employee recruiting, selection and retention. Mel’s presentations generate a positive, measureable ROI. No fluff, no guff, just lots of great take-home stuff!
- Have Humetrics audit your existing recruiting and/or selection systems and recommend proven ways to lower costs and employee turnover while improving productivity and profitability.
- Join our Online Community where you can read Mel’s informative daily blog and where business owners, hiring managers, and human resource experts share information and ideas.
- Visit the Knowledge Center and our Hiring Store for free hiring tools, articles and white papers and to order copies of Mel Kleiman’s books including the bestselling “Hire Tough, Manage Easy.”
- According to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, about 30 percent of business failures are due to employee theft and related forms of dishonesty.
- One in three applicants misrepresents themselves on employment applications and one in four provide false education and credential records.
- When used as the sole basis for making a hiring decision, an interview is only about eight percent more effective than simply flipping a coin.
- In a FORTUNE survey of most admired companies, “the single best predictor of overall excellence was a company’s ability to attract, motivate, and retain talented people.”
- More than 60 percent of multi-unit operators are victims of fraudulent workers’ comp claims.
- Retail turnover is staggering – 100% is typical, and 200% is common among hourly retail employees.
- On a per person basis, dishonest employees steal almost ten times the amount stolen by shoplifters ($903 vs. $95). On a per company basis, one out of every 28 employees was apprehended for stealing.
- A Wm. M. Mercer Co. survey of 35 Fortune 500 companies that were rated among the “100 Best Places to Work in 1997″ showed a correlation between higher performing companies and lower turnover.
- Approximately 68 percent of customers who quit patronizing a business report they did so because of an employee’s attitude of indifference toward the customer.
- A study by Harvard University found that the vast majority of employee turnover, nearly 80 percent, is due to hiring mistakes.