The competition for employees is frenzied, so how can you make your recruitment ads stand out from the crowd and attract the types of people you want? Here are some suggestions:
- Make sure your headline grabs attention. (“Looking for Our Next Superstar,” “Life’s Too Short Not to Work Somewhere Awesome,” “Come Grow with Us”)
- Tell them what’s in it for them. What can you tout? (Family-friendly, flexible hours? Great, collaborative coworkers? Growth opportunities? Training and/or education?)
- Describe the ideal applicant in the second person rather than listing what you need. (“You are highly responsible and a proven problem solver who thrives on a fast-paced environment” instead of “We need a responsible, problem-solver for our fast-paced customer service center.)
- Make sure your ads look good on a mobile phone as well as via a web browser.
- If possible, include links not only to your website, but to anything that will give readers an idea of your culture (LinkedIn profiles, community awards, press releases, etc.).