Most every reader of this blog has seen me deliver an employee recruiting, selection, retention presentation at a company or industry meeting somewhere over the years and you may remember the turkeys and eagles analogy I used to make one of my main points. Well, I’ve added something new, so I wanted to bring you up to date. It’s the last item on this list:
- All the turkeys have learned to dress up to look like eagles.
- On the other hand, eagles don’t always look like eagles.
- The government has put all the turkeys on the endangered species list.
- All the eagles are busy working.
- The eagles you have on your team now are with you only because they want to be and will leave you because they can.